Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Rime on the Demented Dementor ............... :)


It is a Demented Dementor,

And he stoppeth one of three;

By thy hollow head, and unbridled tongue,

Wherefore stopp’st thou me?

There are tens of things to do,

I have no time for verbal sparring!

Spare me, O’ Demented Dementor,

For I’m in no mood for warring!"



He holds him with his dagger-eye- the goon!,

“I need an answer! ” quoth he,

Hold off! look away, you dreadful loon’

Instead, launches a war-cry He!


With past flashes of His Dementoring Act,

The victim shudders in fearful chill,

And surrenders in lack of evil-tact,

The Dementor hath his will!


His mouth spewing inane-est gobbledygook,

Index finger dancing madly in air,

The Victim, cries with a pleading look,

And yet, he cannot choose but hear!


Dementor, Dementor- yells everywhere,

And does-/can not pause to think!

Dementor- demented and unfair,

No scope for friendly link!



Gathering all his dignified right,

The victim heaves a composed sigh:

“Dementor, Get Out of my sight,

for Thou dost infect my eye”.


Ah! One Doomsday, This Dementor,

In my destiny was Flung,

Instead of the Cross,

This Albatross,

Around my neck was hung …




For the uninitiated,

Demented = affected with dementia/ crazy/insane, and

Dementor = a Black, evil hooded creature that sucks happiness of its victims wherever it goes, and thus spreads gloom, despair and fear.

:D



1 comment:

Meet Kaur said...

i was laughing throughout that poem
trust me u had written my officio- logue for me (u know like travelogue)
cum to my studio n you'll see the whole scene coming alive...
the difference is just that there are many more dementors here than the one in your poem
in advertising language
"step in today to experience the nightmare coming alive from words"
:D
but then my work is going well so its like snap and i see a better scene
chal i need to get bk to work b4 the dementors start again
i know dear ur MBA is givin u nightmares all the way, don't worry the horror house will soon get over
n u shall see light, a day more bright, times that're right, n then there'll be endless delight! ;)

tc
God Bless