Friday, March 14, 2008

March 15!...Happy Birthday, Arps :D :D

:D :D :D

Happy Brithday Gudda!!,

I didn’t know what to do …

To wish you on your BUDDAY :D

So, wrote a post for you ..

See I have another EXAM tomorrow (now, I know ur going AS IF … :P)

True, I wudn’t bother with it until the next many hours anyway, so I’m not TAKING TIME OUT OF MY BUSY SCHEDULE … and yet, the SENTIMENT must count ..alright? .. errr… a bit of gratitude wont go waste either :D

You know the other day (around 3 weeks ago), I overheard somebody talking to somebody about March 15 .. and I wondered to myself … Why does that date have such a feel-good sound to it? .. and in a split of a second it struck me … 15th March! … Arpita’s Birthday! … J J

And thennn, I thought .. hey..this is cool … what do I do to wish her PROPERLY … errmm… of course, considering that u don’t deserve the expenditure of money and effort in mailing a gift to you … but since u do deserve a tiny little token …errr… that would say “Thank you for being YOU” *though without the cheesy sound that it has* … and what more can I do on my blogs .. one is virtually dedicated/addressed to you, and this one ..well, is more or less is the same … ..

And then suddenly, I got a Brainwave :D (or in my case , a brainless-wave :P)

I already have too many christy-isms, JMC-isms, Mannat-isms, documented in my diary (u mite recall those from ur last visit here :D) … and I have none of urs … in documented form! … (even though it’s an integral part of my repertoire of anecdotes )

Before that, let me write down the two testis I had written for you on orkut, for a more meaninggul character sketch ..

errmmm .... here's the first one ....

This is just to embarrass u a bit on a very public forum..Here's a poem that you "co-wrote" with me..(Shut ur eyes arpita, it's one of those dirty skeletons in ur cupboard)I titled it....

An Ode To VJ's Metallurgy
This is the story I tell you...
Dirt in an ore is called GANG-YOO;
waSHING in water what you get...
is BLISHTER COPPER want to bet.
One thing you will totally loathe...
is that SICK-SICK, WHITE-WHITE FROTHE (rhyming with "loathe")
And the result is so TEMPTY-the whole furnace is IMPITY!!!!!!!

Need I remind you the sing song tone that goes with it( from a VERY POPULAR song) that'd make u cringe

The first real testi … hehe … wrote this on her last birthday …

I was waiting for your b'day to do this.....*drumroll* *Clears throat*...I donot know where to begin, coz it's hard to imagine that there WAS a time wen i did not know Her(note the captial H)..Firstly, she's like a hydrogen atom(duh!!)--needs to be paired to let her personality shine in all its glory, so it's always been Arpita-nita soni, Arpita-Shilpi, Arpita-Shruti Shah, ANDDD it's Arpita-Ritu....Her greatest strength is her Wisdom n Silence --she knows she cant always talk sense n therefore choses to listen n speak at appropriate times...n yet she Never looks down upon motor mouths like me..(cud it be Me??-maybe M JUST too good!!)Also, she's ethical-I actually respect her opinions u know(not that I'm a force to reckon with)...I've learnt dropping all inhibitions to get ur ANSWERS, from Arpita.She sleeps like a log n does okay in her life --so tht's a ray of hope for all the lazy bums out there..

for me, her brains(hehehe lets not elaborate), her amazing caricatures n wat not r just a minor aspect of her personality--her greatest quality is that she's all ARPITA from head to toe, at all times, there's a certain energy that she exudes-positive (or negative), but sooo "arpita"...Before u start thinking where does this Arpita-Chalisa end...not that one will not get hurt,angry or feel being unfair-ed with her around-not that she's all white(as tho anybody is..) but the good times with her more than make up for everything else---knowing her is a lifetime experience, very fulfilling n mentally n intellectually stimulating(even tho r folks always thot we never talk abt nething other than F.R.I.E.N.D.S or harry Potter...it's NOT TRUE!!)..God Bless you Arpita..wherever u go, watever u choose to do in life..u deserve the best(dat is whyyy u have ME!--uh-oh wrong illustration dat was,but u got my point, didnt u everyone's "BEST-BUDD"?)

So, here goes …….

Arpita … Documented!

Ø Ritz..as usual, well-meaningly bossing around with her li’l sis and me…this worked best with arpita..though, both of us brushed her away with “Forget it Ritu, Main Arpita nahi hoon” a couple of times … tells arpita the story .. and a Hurt Arpita bursts out :

What is this? Mere naam ko itna bad-word kyun bana diya hai! ..

Haan! MAIN ARPITA HOON! AND I’M proud of the fact ki main arpita hoon.

Ø Thank you! For being my comrade-in-arms against Umm…B$%^& … ;) n for sharing every legitimate sentiment there … ooooh must quote that one cheeky thing you did! .. to challenge the concentration n dedication with which the person corrected “assignments” … you actually wrote a couple of lines of a song in one of the answers ..(“I have a dreaaaam,…a fantasy” :P) … and amazingly, got a TICK-MARK right on it! Lolz .. that was some daring, Arps .. coz we all know WHAT u were messing with :D .. I actually feel like Ron awestruck at Hermione’s cheek ... when she volunteers to steal the Polyjuice potion from Snape’s Dungeon !

Ø Forever …forever… looking for alternative sources of employment for me … If I can’t study … Lo! I can become a stand-up comedienne .. I can’t do MBA, I can always WRITE …

Arpita, why must we cram this .. this is no education!

I knowww… but everyone does it. We must follow suit.

Arpita, I cant do this!

Of course you can!…

Arpita, I don’t GET MBA..

Just do the course …do it your way..you can always do something else later…

…. Same script repeated N no. of times … u know, even I get tired of My Cribbing … but YOU .. actually haven’t given up … far from that J

Arpita, I cant do without Cribbing… and .. I can always crib before you … :D

Ø Two of my favourite compliments ever have been from her …

“Shruti, you deserve to burn in hell”

“When I didn’t know you well, I thought you were such a holy angel.. that only a Halo was missing.. and NOW that I know you *rolls eyes Arpita-ly* ”

Ø Arpita – First one to get all my PJs (sometimes even when those are just budding inside my head), and laugh over them heartily.. loudly … and far too long … all the while going … peejay hai .. peejay hai ..

I recall this one instance when we were checking out these books in a Scholastic fair at our school, and I came across a good joke in a joke book..

I walked up to Arpita .. *extending a hand* “HI, I’m Shruti, your new friendly Dairy Owner” *squeezing the hand in the hand-shake ;) *

Now, for anybody else, it would have taken AGES TO figure out what I’d just done… but Arpita …nopess!! She immediately rolled up with LOUD laughter … and after 30 seconds ..paused to confirm … It means what I think it does, right? .. and with my Nod… rolled up with laughter again!!! …

For all the others with whom I tried this joke, I had to explain the JOKE .. or do the second version of it ..

(Hi, I’m shruti. Your new friendly Railway Guard *shakes hands while making forward-moving wheel motion*) of course, the EXPLANATION kills the spirit of the joke.. and that’s the best part about You… (aaahh…well, used to be .. since now we have slightly different jargon which creates communication gaps L)

Ø Arpita- the one who would (falsely!) accuse me of making excuses to avoid phone calls .. (THIS, AFTER SPENDING 23.5 HRS OUT OF 24 ON THE PHONE WITH HER!! *outrageous*)

Ø Arpita, would complain that my writing was worse than hers (and I agree!!) .. and still Usha Ma’am always unfairly pointed out HER bad handwriting! .. :P

Ø Arpita … who co-read with me the first 50 pages of Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix, and complained when I objected to reading while eating lunch (who wudnt?! .what if we got rajma stains all over it L) and she finally got her way! :-X) .. err..btw, I stopped lending my HPs to her, when I discovered her favourite place for Book Reading. ( hehe .. u dun want me to mention it here, do u .. DEPLORABLE :P)

Ø Arpita – (oooh … im not sure I shud go public with this :P) Who would either not shower for days in a row .. or in a single day shower 5 times in a row J..

Ø Arpita – Miss Questionmark! Just cudnt rest with a doubt in mind .. and always had way toooo many :P .. Usha Ma’am will vouch for this!

Ø Arpita – alwayyys just a call away … (even when she used to be driving) .. for anyyyything .. whether you want to express ur rage at XYZ politician doing abc thing, Brad Pitt (Will ;) ) dumping OUR Rachel .. orrr if u’ve just reached the page in HP and Half Blood Prince wherein Snape kills Dumbledore! .. She’s alwayyys there… alwayyys with wise words, full of nods/ shaking of head…but THERE ..and with a patient ear .. J

Ø Arpita – thankfully, was not verrry girrrly when I had known her in school..actually, *touch wood* most of us were not.. but yeah, she has surely changed a bit now … and im happy for her (at least, some of us are normal ;) )

Ø Arpita – The potatohead - Rosemerta_Gunther … for Hogs .. the sadistic Iranian :P .. didn’t u keep adding me, after I revealed my identity ..and I kept turning down ur friend requests everytime!

Ø Arpita – The only one, in my entire life, apart from my own family, with whom I recall having been unfairly rude ONCE .. when she was lecturing me on the phone ..(err… for my own good), and I slammed the phone down for some reason … and this girl, calls me back ..and calmly asks me to hear her out and not “hang up abruptly” like I had done the last time …

Ø And Last! .. but NOT the least … Arpita – Bhavesh Kumar Ki Behen … she should actually get a certificate for that .. (fancy having a ‘little’ brother who puts u to shame with his knowledge of stuff that’s straight from YOUR own curriculum!) .. *shudder* I rem. Being greeted by him, not with a warm “Hey, whats up” .. but ..a challenging.. “Shruti Didi.. What’s the outermost layer of the eye called??” *gulp* … lolz …

Would you believe that I cud go on n on n on… !

Oh gawd… I have an EXAM tomorrow L

Again, not that I’ll hit the books from here …

Anyhow … happpppy Birthday Arpita … Wish you all the very best in life ..

May you always remain the same old Gudda .. whom we all know and love …

(haha.. u guyz are funny tho .. Gudda and …Ritz, Chikha was it?? :P .. thank god I never had any Nick names :D)

Ahhhhhh… and now …. Let me enjoy some AVIL Grins … ;)

(parody on smelly cat :D)

“Broooom Man, Broooom Man, what is she feeding you ..

Broooom Man, Brooooom Man, it’s all your fawww-llt :P “

Aaaaaaaahhh.. and I am soooo itching to quote certain lines out here (etched in my mind as clear as ever).. but wont! ..hehe .. it’s ur bday after all ..

PS. I got this mail from HK today *u might be amused*

HI GIRL

HOWS LIFE???

ME IN %^&*$....DOING INTERNSHIP

THINGS NOT GOING ALL THAT GR8....THIS TIME ROUND HAV TO WEAR SALWAR SUITS FOR THE TRAINERSHIP :(

GOT MBE INTERVIEW ON 25...DO WISH ME LUK.....

NE WAYS ITS ARPS B,DAY 2 MORROW

JUST A reminder for my forgetful frien ; )

tc luv

heena

**coding meant to protect the paranoid’s whereabouts, will u believe me .. she now thinks her telephone is hacked ! lmao!!

haha… we RKK-ians are a weird lot! **

Cheeeeers, have fun! …

God Bless …

5 comments:

Arps said...

heyyy!!!! this was AWESOME!!!! man..i loved it!!! read it last night... on cell..before going to bed....
*i m touched actually.. that someone would ytake out so much time & space for me...*

i'll tell u abt my day in detali later...... i was GREATT--- all thru the day annnndd night!!!!
chal bye...

Ronald Weasley said...

:D ..

Cheers and Lots of Blessings ..

vagabond dreamer said...

the doctor is awesome i agree

Ronald Weasley said...

:D .. yeah .. let's do a post-birthday cheer ,,

She's a jolly good felllooow...
She's a jolly good felllooow..She's a jolly good felllooow..wwwwwwwwww...

and so say awwlll of us :D :D ..

hehe .. Arps, u do have a real fan following, then ... I thot it ws just me who found u tolerable ... ;)

vagabond dreamer said...

She's a jolly good felllooow...
She's a jolly good felllooow..She's a jolly good felllooow..wwwwwwwwww...