Sunday, March 2, 2008

I don't like People ....

[The sentiment expressed in this post is an extension of the previous one, I guess]

Alright, I have come to a conclusion which I must put down in writing: I donot like people.

I mean I don’t particularly detest the fact of the existence of the human race per se, but I just donot have very fond attachment to the species. Barring a few, of course. Though, Very Few.

It’s a weird species, with very strange dynamics. And I don’t have to understand this race; there is no need to develop any kind of fondness, either.

‘Asocial’ is an adjective that I have gladly used for myself, for a long time now. But, somehow, I’m afraid that this quality is degenerating into another one (and this one, I’m not too happy about) : Anti-Social.

I had read a quote somewhere, by god-knows-who … they said..

“The more I know about men, the more I like dogs better”


Now, it seems to me that the speaker was referring to the male species, and was most probably someone with a feministic bent of mind. But when I think of this statement, and replace men with “people/mankind” , the pearls of wisdom contained in these words dawn on me, like an arrow that pierces one’s heart deep.. and deeper still.

I had recently asked somebody who’s smarter than me (even though I know, he might beg to differ on this), for his take on the madness that people often create in the field where I have landed, by fault and default.

And I was told, “Don’t be a cynic. And more than Wise Men, trust your own instincts.”

The Wise Men are that clan in this species who seem to perpetuate and propagate the very quality in the human race,that results in more and more revulsion towards it, by justifying their behavior in terms of, “They all do it that way, why not me!”.

But then, I was wondering how does one survive this? … and the answer that I got was, “I survived..and so can you.”

Now. Alright. Of course, anybody can survive it. People come out alive from the most difficult of places. MBA’s pass out in droves every year… Not all of them come out with a magic wand for solving all problems that life throws at them. OR having walked on a bed of roses.

So alright, I will survive. No big deal, that is. Everyone does.

And then… you are alive, a survivor, with little regard/ affection for your own species.. Since when did education begin rolling out such sad stories?

In fact, the other day, I had very WISELY and with a condescending sigh, summed up for someone, a list of things good and bad, in one word, … “LIFE”. (hehe… congrats dude, finally you find a place on my blog :D)

And well, poohey on that high-sounding remark ...

Coz it does nothing to solve any problem. And the hollowness of this word beats me into frustration, now.

Oh god, I’m just blabbering away … And I probably would not have done this on the blog, had DA been online … It wud have poured out in the private domain of his chat window. And there, the story would have ended (of course, the standard solution that creature can offer for any such problem is grass, coke and the like – errm not very conventional or socially acceptable, but yeah somehow even that suggestion always helps perk things up :P)

But, unfortunately, he is busy pretending to spend some time with his books, I believe .. for a change ..

So here it goes … all the blabbering ... on the blog!..

Of course, this post does not have a very coherent flow of thoughts … but the bottom line is this:

I don’t like people much.

I don’t understand people. And Honestly, I would rather not attempt to..

Coz, the more I do, the more I have a reason to quit!!

This is no criticism of fellow-humans, but a statement of facts, from one among them.

Of course, this is not going to help my cause in becoming an HR person, but then, who am I kidding, I was always going to be a Farjee MBA anyway…

Note: I sure am thankful to God that the rest of the people in my life, who donot have such a strictly clinical place or importance, are miles away from this rut of MBA, which has become my world now.

Just had a convo with Divs a while ago, so will end it on this note ... JLU :)

No comments: