Saturday, April 5, 2008

S.O.S !


My summer internship begins from Monday *a chilly shiver running down her shameless
spine* , and I feel like that “bad” kid at school .. who doesn’t “want” to goto school !.. You know, not the kinds who would love a day off (which is the “normal” kind of course!) but the one who DREADS Sunday nights; the one who slides onions under her armpit (okay, I know that sounds gross, but I have heard they actually do it! ..) , to appear to run a high temperature and therefore be exempted from attending school :D..; the one who has to be dragged from under the quilt and doesn’t step out of the house without throwing a fit religiously, everyday.

But I never did any of that of course :( ! ..

On the contrary… I was one of those irritating kids (a liability even for my mum, for that matter!) who would not miss school in peace unless they are immobile-and-ill-in-bed!

But… today…. I dunno why I feel like THAT kid …

I just wish Monday would never come … Or that I would never awake on a Monday morning L

And I am amazed at the inauspicious eye I am casting on my own career ..by uttering such foul, negative statements..

I know… but, pathetic as it sounds, I reallllllly don’t feel like moving an inch … not a single, tiny solitary inch on the road that will take me to THAT place ......

Gawddd …. What have I grown into? *gulps with an uncomfortable, gnawing feeling inside her*

Err.. whoever happens to be reading this.. do drop in a prayer…

Nooo, not for me… I can take care of myself *puffs with sad-pride* ..

But do pray for the company which has had the misfortune of picking someone like me, and (cheery on the cake !!) paying me decently for doing-god-knows-WHAT-cuz I doubt I would know that -even at the end of those two months of INTERN-ship.

My heart cries out in pain, for the “Human Resources” in question….. those poor, innocent souls, who toil daily, at their desks … believing in the Good of man, in the Justice of the System, ignorant of the fact that the team that “manages” their returns, consists of someone who dreads doing anything remotely connected with what she has been hired to do i.e contribute her bit in “managing” stuff for their betterment.

But I guess, things will go on anyway … with lot many hiccups im sure (aaaaaaaaannn …:( :( ) ..

But yeah.. there shall be a Sunday night tomorrow. Followed by a Monday morning.

And I have no option but to turn up at “work”, do I?

And to put my “best” foot forward (again, not like I have many options there either, the right one looks just as unwilling and ugly, as the left one. Maybe I’ll just have to hop my way to that place.. both feet together, and let the powers-that-be ‘pick’ their favourite… or reject both as unimpressive ..who knows :( )

*wakes up from her trance with a jolt and scrolls up to read what she has just typed*

Wow … the kind of garbage that I can come up with. If I had any dignity left, I would not dare to put this up on any public forum!...

But of course, I don’t have any dignity to worry about… Nopes :D :D …

So, I will put it up on the blog anyway ….

Talking of Dignity BTW: .. whatever iota of it I ever had, I guess I sacrificed it at the altar of my Live Project … where the saddest of people(registered on some website database as professional ‘consultants’), sitting in square-inch wide offices ..with “ XYZ Consultants “ written on the rusty board which hangs outside the rustier doors, in dingy corridors, in some decrepit building in Nehru Place, hang up on me with sumfin’ that sounds like a ridiculous

“WeWon’GiveNoPlacements*dhup!*”

and can u imagine the provocation ,, for this utterly ridiculous presumption (I mean comeon! ..Godwilling, kids at our place will end up with copy-rooms of the size of that sickly blot-on-the-name-of-an-office :P )…

Well, can u imagine the provocation *wails in painful protest* : a decent, greeting with a sometimes inevitable give-away that it’s a student from a B-School on the line L ..and not some “klahh-eeent” or “kash-tuh-murr” (read: ‘client’ or ‘customer’)

Hones’ly! The cheek!! …

Oooooooh, that reminds me… did I mention that it’s rainin’ Jobs for me ;) ..

The other day, I got 5 offers in a single day *chuckles –tho wryly*

Oh yeah! .. that’s a story unto itself …maybe for the next post..

Err..

Bbye for now…

Siiiggggggggghning off again …

God Bless …

6 comments:

Sumeet said...

Hi... Here is something i thought of putting in words...
Monday is gonna come nd similarly sunday will also come. So it is inevitable. The co. knows whom they are picking for there work so if u think u r nt th rite one then u r rite but if u think u r th rite one then again u r rite. It all depends on ur attitude thats it (easily said than done). Practice of Management doesn't come in a day or two so there's enough time to learn, people keep on doing there work (either right or wrong)nd success follows. And co.s r also wise enough not to expect extraordinary performances from us. And as Swami Vivekanand said "Experience is the only teacher we have. We may talk and reason all our lives, but we shall not understand a word of truth until we experience it ourselves". Every thing happens for a reason, and that reason is for a good, so go ahead and get the experience. I guess i wrote a bit philosophical :)

Ronald Weasley said...

Hey Sumeet... thx for checking in, n dropping in wise words for my Other-wise post :D ..
And I knowwwwww what u mean ...
But still.. I'm the same old dun-want-to-awake-on-monday-morning kid :( ...
Worse!! ... They split up me and Devina !! WHY??!! :(
anyhow, cheers to those kind words of wisdom ...
*fingers crossed*
God Bless...

vagabond dreamer said...

hey so ure doing an MBA, did i guess right, well i went thru a horrible MBA MBL from NLU well the degree was good i was horrible, any way, internships are fun i looked forward to them and dont worry about the company or the HR department, u are free labor for them. sorry to burst the bubble but they get a free gopher if u can squeeze some thing ut f them while ure there good for you. and yeah dropping prayers for you all along.
thanx for dropping by my blog i generally write wahts going thru my mind. and most of what i write is just me at my roving best.

best of luck and cheers

Ronald Weasley said...

Hey.. yep... MBA-HR it is..
& yeah, trust me I know exactly what u mean when u say "the degree was good, but.."
Ditto is my case with MBA :) !.. .
(actually, worse .. it's a mutually parasitic relationship ..:D)
Thanks for the prayers ..
will need loads of those for sure ...
lets see whether the SIP turns out to be Fun or a Fiasco, orr- a FUNny Fiasco, as is typical of all my stories ..

Dunno what became of ur tryst with ur degree... but here's wishing u well in life...
cheers

Healer Geller said...

Unrelated it might seem to be... but I am suddenly reminded of the person whom I had once asked, "What do you want to do after completing school? Why don't you study?". The immediate reply came, "I don't want to do anything, just wanna quit studying!"
But here she is, doing the "best" one could. Optimism - my fav topic to lecture you...
btw, congrats for the "job offers".
:)

Ronald Weasley said...

:D :D :D I'm so happy to see you Healer Geller!! please keep logging in, as often as you can (missed u around)...
and yeah, I remember all those days like Yesterday :)

heyy.. the five job offers..dont think that im so very employable all of a sudden..its a different story altogether!! will post it soon..n then u will know :)
cheers ...