Friday, August 15, 2008

Some more Blabbering ...

:)

Hear, Hear! … Today is a Free day :D .. I reached home before dark! And could afford to just sit and do NOTHING. :D

Tomorrow at least, speaks no deadline, and that is GOOD ENOUGH!

Errm .. there is some work though…

Let me see, I need to revise the Assignment for Prof. D [and this time, even if he screams “nahee chalegaa, babaaa!” at the top of his voice.. al be at a safe distance.. :P ] ..so no probs there ..

Then, I need to do the Consultancy Assignment … OK, technically I should be worried about it .. coz I have no clue what I am going to do, and HOW! The presentation is on … Wednesday I think?

Lots of time, lots of time … *rubbing hands together purposefully* :) .. and …

**writing after a gap of a few hours**

It is 12:48 A.M and I see Ankit’s status message- a quote by JNU! [d’oh! Jawahar Lal Nehru] … for a split of a second, I rub my eyes..! Why on earth does Ankit (of ALL people :P ) have a quote by JNU as his status ! It’s like Anshuman endorsing Chintu Candy as an A-Grade brand *gulp*

(mild apologies to both: unLucky Baba and the Cupid-ian Creature *ROTFL*) ##see note at bottom

But of course! It’s Independence Day, ain’t it! :D And we are all happy, Independent Indians… :D And let’s face it.. some days in the year, every single person does get moved by such sentiments … if you are human, and a part of a nation.. it is an inescapable emotion :)

So, Happy Independence Day people! :)

Congratulations! On having being born into a country where you can speak your mind, take your decisions, express your opinions (without the fear of persecution) and where you can celebrate FREEDOM in real spirit.

Well, you certainly can!

Whether or not you choose to do so, is your call.

And here I would like to reiterate a seemingly trite, but extremely profound statement: Charity begins at home.

Everyday, we are confronted with choices. And it is real freedom, to be able to take a stand. To say yes when you agree and No when you disagree.

Simple things, really.

Thanks but no thanks, I donot drink.

I donot think smoking is cool.

I did not like that.

I donot wish to be a part of this.

**continuing this post on 15th afternoon**

I disagree with what you just said.

I will not be a party to this.

Of course, these statements are purely illustrative in nature; you may or may not agree- but whatever your opinion, if you find yourself feeling uncomfortable, coz of being unable to express it [for fear of retribution, ostracism, seclusion, or generally “not being liked anymore by friends”, then you ain’t Free but Fettered!]

To be able to turn around and tell the best-est of your mates that they are in the wrong – especially when their actions have a direct bearing on others’ lives, constitutes real Freedom, and a dignified existence.

Real freedom lies in being able to hold an opinion, and express it, when you so wish. Well, it is NOT always possible, sadly, in the real world- I know!

But the more you are capable of doing it, the more liberated in spirit you are.

There are two reasons for a person to not express their opinion: fear/ uncertainty and political correctness/ diplomacy for selfish reasons.

While the first evokes pity, the latter evokes contempt.

Bottomline of the whole unplanned discourse:

Independence is to be celebrated in real spirit, and not in SMS-es, or caller tunes, or morning assemblies and parades.

If we cannot voice our opinion in a mature dignified manner, to people we live with everyday, for the cause of what we believe to be right/ true- in matters of public interest … we will never be able to do justice to the Universal Adult Franchise, or freedom at a National Scale.

*Wow .. talk about digression! .. *

Hmmm…

Another thing by the way, I recently did something very HR-personish recently. Unwittingly though. And felt extremely weird too. But I did- to get some clarity about issues when my mind was a mess.

I conducted a crude Reference Check :P

You know, I never ask someone for “opinions” on person A, B C [their acquaintances or friends ] .. to get an idea about the latter’s character sketch. I donot like it. But somehow, the other day, I sort of conducted a “run me down A and B” :P , with the help of a friend.

Well, I got LOTS of instantaneous information, thanks to the kind resourcefulness of the Source, but I think all the information overload only made things difficult for me! And it also highlighted my not very accurate sense of perception/ judgment.

Yet again :(

Errm … looks like that’s enough blabbering for now. I’ll write my real post in the next one. Ciao

** I just discovered the other day, that Ankit calls the “Laughing Budhdha” , “Lucky Baba” :P .. when I threw a quizzical look, as to whom he was referring to when he talked abt “Lucky Baba”, he earnestly went on to explain.. “arre..the one who is bald, with a bag in hand…!! ” :D :D ..

And I used to be publicly mocked at, for calling the same thing, “Happy Budhdha” .. I mean comeon!! .. comeooooon!! :D :D LUCKY BABA!!

Now for the ‘Cupidian Creature’ .. *ahem* .. this is a monicker, given to Anshuman by our word-loose Consultancy Prof. .. His crime? He had turned around in class to look at our Smart Lady, quite by chance ;) :P pooor thing, I tell you! ..

(Although, I have little in terms of sympathy for him!: psst… before my Law presentation, I was anxious enough to ask him to hang my photograph on a wall of my choice, in the HR-I classroom- post the presentation. Any normal human being would have been expected to say something like “comeone, you will survive it..!”.. but nope!.. he jumped excitedly, to picking the flowers to be used for the Mala: “Orchids or Lily?” :( and how frequently would I like the mala to be replaced? .. working out the finances :( :O )

2 comments:

Sumeet said...

So its the free day, for u (for me as well),, nd that remids of the Independence day:)...Happy Independence Day to you. The fact that i am posting a comment shows i have the freedom to put forward my view point,,,but you also equally hold the freedom of controling what you receiving as comment.
regarding the "Cupid-ian Creature",,i am really annoyed by what sir regularly use to put up in class as a "joke".
And for prof. D i must say while u were presenting "tumhara chehra dekhne layak tha :P"...but u r now at a good deal distance from the "BABA"...and u wont require flowers for that...
Keep posting...enjoy:)

Ronald Weasley said...

@ Sumeet!
Happy Independence Day :D :D

And hey, I totally agree with that... since I had missed all his previous antics I did not quite believe that he actually behaves like that in class.. but like I said, he really IS word-loose.. not befitting a professor!! It's actually quite disappointing ..as is Mr. HRIS .. rem. the other day .. he was talking about these old age home people in USA? .. n what he said !! that was horrible! .. apart from the usual abusive language that he uses with such impunity.. really disappointing!!

As for the Law ppt, oh yeah!! .. I am safe now! :D :D ... u bet! ..
BTW: u and meggs have been quite disappointing .. no posts in a longg time :( ..
I request u guyz to keep posting too!! pleezz .. :)
Cheers!